Thursday, May 12, 2022

Point of View on PBS: Beshir's Failed Attempt into Mainstream TV

I promised I would update my web with Jessica Beshir's exclusive, limited film Faya Dayi, which got recognition in obscure film festivals and screenings and which the the majority of the world doesn't know about.

Well, Beshir is bragging about her film coming on PBS's POV.

Now, do YOU watch POV, on PBS? 

Isn't there a myriad of other locations on television channels which could program this "documentary" to reach the billions that watch TV? Why not somewhere on ABC (or is it NBC) which airs 60 Minutes. And even CBC would get a larger crowd. But PBS?!

I do once in a while remember that POV ("Point of View") is part of PBS, and often, after skimming through the credits and descriptions of these videos, I rarely watch them. So, imagine, if I, a student of film, can't even be bothered with their often (always) biased films usually demeaning and downgrading American society and culture, let alone watch a film that is crafted to demean and downgrade another society, the Christian Amhara of Ethiopia and by anti-Ethiopia Oromo secessionist Beshir. l discuss all this in my published article as well as others I've posted on this site. You can find them through my "search" box using a combination of "Faya Dayi" and "Beshir."

Beshir is too clever for words, and she is preparing her loyal, ignorant, audience for future projects. I already predicted this. She needs money, and her various 5-digit $ prize money for Faya Dayi will barely cover her accumulated expenses, including keeping up her smart Brooklyn apartment.