Sunday, October 22, 2023

Prayer to Saint Joan of Arc

This is a photo that I took of the Joan of Arc statue on the edge of Central Park, in New York City. It was a cold, cold winter's day, as the photograph shows of snow still lying on the ground. And very early morning.


Prayer to Saint Joan of Arc
In the face of your enemies,
in the face of harassment, ridicule, and doubt, you held firm in your faith.
Even in your abandonment, alone and without friends, you held firm in your faith.
Even as you faced your own mortality, you held firm in your faith.
I pray that I may be as bold
in my beliefs as you, St. Joan.
I ask that you ride alongside me
in my own battles.
Help me be mindful that what is
worthwhile can be won when I persist.
Help me hold firm in my faith.
Help me believe in my ability
to act well and wisely.
Amen.