Friday, July 14, 2023

Quatorze Juillet in Addis

Bonne Fete!

Happy Quatroze Juillet, today.

The French are busy celebrating the July Fourteenth holiday with military parades and fireworks.


It was 8:03am in Paris as I just got my cafe, which was 9:03am in Addis. 

The parade is to start at 11:00am Paris time - still too early. But an early start is a good thing!

I chose a simple cafe au lait in the beautiful Chez Jean-Pierre.

There were roses on the table, I'm sure for the occasion, and the usual 1970s/80s French popular music was a little louder than usual. The small cafe was festive!

There is a photograph of the Arc de Triomphe on the wall behind me, which is where an imporant part of the defile, the military parade, will take place.

I gave the wait staff a short French cultural lesson, which they enjoyed.

Bonne Fete, tout-le-monde!