Friday, October 14, 2022

Pink Jasmine

Pink Jasmine
[Photo By: KPA]

This lovely cluster of flowers caught my attention. As I always do, I pick one flower and study it, including smelling it (I rub the petals with my fingers to get the scent oils).
 
The white flowers are not particularly beautiful individually. But each flower grows from a dusty pink bud, giving the whole cluster a pinkish glow.

The flower had a familiar smell, and searching for "jasmine" I indeed found that it was.

Prized for its spectacular floral display, award winner Jasminum polyanthum (Pink Jasmine) is a strong-growing evergreen vine with masses of with masses of intensely fragrant, long-tubed, white flowers, 1 in. across (2cm), opening from pink buds...Pink jasmine is ideal if you're looking for a ground cover or a vine to cover a wall or fence. [Source]